Mascot accessories can add tremendous value to your mascot program. Mascot accessories are a great tool to promote certain events or causes, and they can help represent your company culture. Whether you want to clothe your mascot in a custom branded outfit or holiday outfit or want your character to carry around fun props, you can take your mascot to the next level by ordering custom mascot accessories!
Mascot Prices: How Much Does a Mascot Cost?
Purchasing a mascot is not something you do every day, so you may be wondering "how much does a mascot cost?". The process can seem daunting, and the wide range of pricing only adds to the complexity of your mascot purchase. Generally, custom mascot prices range from $200 to upwards of $15,000. Factors that contribute to the broad range of mascot prices include differing levels of customization, customer support, quality of materials, construction methods, and mascot fit and function.
In this article we outline three tiers of pricing and explain what is available in each mascot price range. Each category has its own set of advantages and disadvantages and this article will allow you to determine the factors you need to consider when purchasing a mascot.
|Type of Mascot Costume||Mascot Cost Price Range|
|1. Standard Stock Mascots||$200 - $3,500|
|2. Custom Mascot Costume||$3,500 - $7,500|
|3. Advanced Custom Mascot||$7,500+|
Standard Stock Mascots (Mascot Price: $200-$3,500):
At the low-end of the mascot price range, the standard stock mascot can usually be purchased via Amazon or through an overseas company. The standard stock mascot typically costs between $200 - $3,500 and is ideal for one-time use or when custom branding isn't important. These are the most basic mascot costumes and they offer limited customization. When purchasing a mascot priced in this category, expect the following:
- Sales Process & Customer Support: Standard stock mascots are purchased via Amazon or similar online retailers. Don't expect a long sales process or a high level of customer support.
- Customization: Because you're purchasing a stock mascot from a catalog, you will receive limited customization. Exact color matching and company logo additions will most likely not be available.
- Materials & Construction: Due to the construction methods and materials used, these are prone to tear and stain easily. While not an issue for one-time use, take this into consideration when purchasing a mascot that you want to last over a long period of time.
- Turn-Around Time: Expect a 1-2 week turnaround time for a standard stock mascot.
- Incomplete Costume: Do your research - often costumes in this price range are incomplete, offering just a suit or head, not a full mascot costume.
- High Shipping Costs: Standard stock mascots are commonly made outside of the USA, which makes for hefty mascot shipping costs. Consider buying a mascot from an American mascot company, like Olympus!
Custom Mascot Costume: (Mascot Price: $3,500 - $7,500):
Custom mascot costumes are tailor-made and handcrafted from the head to the feet. For a typical custom mascot, the cost will be between the price range of $3,500-$7,500. When purchasing a mascot in this price range, expect a more involved sales process, a high level of customer support, greater quality and customization, and a long mascot lifespan. A few things to prepare for when purchasing a custom mascot are:
- Sales Process & Customer Support: While the sales process for a custom mascot costume is more extensive than the standard stock mascot, you don't have to feel like you're in the dark. Custom mascot companies offer a dedicated sales manager assigned to your mascot that will help guide you through the sales process from concept to creation. At Olympus Mascots, you can expect a high level of customer support throughout the sale and even after the sale is complete.
- Customization: One of the biggest advantages, if you decide to purchase a custom mascot costume, is the high level of customization. Expect to be able to customize your mascot's head, feet, outfit, colors, and even add custom branding and logos to your mascot.
- Head: Choose between foam and plastic (ABS) mascot heads
- Feet: Custom color, shape, and fit
- Outfits: Custom printed t-shirt, hat, jacket, shoes, pants, etc.
- Colors: Remain brand-consistent with exact Pantone matching of your brand colors
- Logo Patch: Easily add your logo to jackets, shoes, t-shirts, or directly on the mascot
- Materials and Construction: Expect your custom mascot costume to be made with higher quality materials that will be more durable and easier to clean.
- Turn-Around Time: Expect a 4-6 week lead time from when you finalize design details to when your custom mascot costume ships.
- Brand Consistency: A good custom mascot company will be able to match Pantone colors, branding, and add logos to the costume.
- Functionality & Fit: Going with a custom mascot ensures that you will have the perfect fit and best functionality possible. Whether your mascot is highly active, must work in intense heat, or is a taller than average performer, a custom mascot costume manufacturer will work with you to create the most ideal mascot for any conditions.
- Additional Accessories: Custom mascot costumes have a variety of add-ons available within a $7,500 price. These include cooling systems built into the costume, additional clothing, and custom-printed t-shirts and baseball caps. For more details on what mascot accessories Olympus Mascots provides, check out our blog on mascot accessories.
Custom Mascot Costume + (Mascot Price: $7,500+)
The $7,500+ mascot price range is for the highly detailed or technologically advanced custom mascot costume and offers an even higher level of customization than the previous category. These costumes give you everything that the custom mascot costumes offer plus add-ons such as:
- Custom Props: Turn anything you are crazy enough to invent into a custom prop for your mascot.
- Special Effects: Bluetooth® speakers, light shows, moving parts – these are all available for the technologically advanced mascot category
- Specialized Fabrics: Materials such as leather, Ultrasuede, spandex, custom-printed fabrics, and different shiny materials all can turn your custom costume or mascot accessory into a work of art
After looking at the broad custom mascot price range, you're left with a lot to consider. Mascots are an investment, but they aide in brand building, marketing, and organization identity. At Olympus Mascots, we want to make sure your mascot fits you and your specific needs. We want your mascot character to live a long life of entertaining, advertising, and brand building!
Get In Touch
Still asking the question ‘How much does a mascot costume cost’? Olympus Mascots has been crafting custom mascot characters for over 40 years and has created over 17,000 mascots during that time. Our experienced mascot team is willing to answer any questions you may have and is ready help you make your custom mascot dreams a reality. Contact us to get your custom mascot project started!
School mascots are incredibly popular among universities, but you may be skeptical as to whether your high school needs one. Here are our five best reasons why a high school mascot costume is a great investment for your school.
Many mascot companies exist around the world, but quality and other aspects of the buying process can vary by location. This article highlights some key reasons of why you should purchase a mascot from a USA mascot manufacturer.